When you are involved in something all the time it is easy to forget that not everyone knows what you are talking about. And as one of the aims of Saskia’s Flower Essences is to get essences out to people who wouldn’t normally use them or know what they are I thought I’d better go back to basics and answer some FAQ’s
1) Flower Essences aren’t the same as essential oils. They do not smell
2) Flower Essences only contain the vibration of a plant held in liquid and contain no physical plant matter. Each essence contains the vibration of that particular plant and taking it into our bodies reminds us how to be more like that plant. The plant's unique vibrational pattern is captured between water molecules usually by the action of sunlight which transfers the flower's energy as it floats on spring water.
3) They are completely safe to use while taking other medication.
4) Flower Essences are usually taken as drops under the tongue but can also be put into drinks or your water bottle, used as a spray, added to skin creams or added to baths.
5) Flower Essences are also known as Flower Remedies – but legally we aren’t allowed to call them that anymore -with the exception of those made under the Bach registered trademark.
6) The most commonly known flower essence combination is Rescue Remedy
7) Flower essences are mostly used to shift emotional states, bring awareness to entrenched patterns and to change behaviours .We are not allowed to say they help with any physical symptoms but it is generally known that one’s emotional state affects ones physical wellbeing – so if we address that we become mentally and often physically healthier.
8) Flower essences work really well with, and are completely safe for, children whose patterns aren’t as stuck as they become in later life. Animals also benefit from them –especially those that live with humans and absorb their energy. Some people also add them to their watering cans to help sick plants or plants suffering from shock or trauma.
9) Flower Essences are usually preserved in vodka or brandy but if you are unable to take alcohol we also sell them preserved in apple cider vinegar which is equally as effective but has a shorter shelf life.
10) Different people respond differently to flower essences so it is difficult to say how long you should take them for. I recommend that for entrenched patterns you take a few drops twice a day for a couple of weeks or so. With our combination essences which are designed to address a particular experience or attitude we say to take a dropper full when you need/want to. It is how often you take them rather than the amount of drops taken that matters. You cannot overdose on essences or take the ‘wrong’ one – if you don’t need a particular essence it just won’t do anything.
11) Flower Essences, because they work in a similar way to homeopathy, use very few flowers to make. 20 or 30 flowers (depending on their size) will make enough essence for approximately 10,000 dosage bottles –which makes them incredibly eco friendly.
12) Most flower essences are sold at ‘stock’ strength and are meant to be diluted down further in water. This is the best way to buy them if you want to make up your own combinations or add them to your water bottle. If you want the ease of taking them straight from the dropper bottle we also supply our essences at ‘dosage’ strength as we have discovered that most people don’t bother to dilute them. All of our combination essences are sold at dosage strength.
13) Flower essences are extremely effective, safe and simple to use, ecologically sound and essential for the complexities of modern life.
If you have any further questions do please contact us.